Crescent Press Kit
Welcome to the Crescent TTRPG press page! If you need any additional information than what’s provided in this page, please contact us at email@example.com.
Download all of our press kit assets and information here: CrescentPressKit.zip.
Crescent is a Tabletop Roleplaying Game set in an endlessly expanding archipelago. Sail off the maps and explore the mysterious magic of each island in a game where your creativity is as boundless as the ocean.
Crescent is a virtually supported TTRPG, and our goal is to provide an experience that is fun and engaging for players whether they play together in person or online.
Crescent’s core rules and early levels of gameplay are available now in a google doc for free:
- 9 original races (and humans), each with their own lore and connection to the world.
- A world made up of endless islands, each defined by their own strange and unique magics, with new adventures awaiting over every horizon.
- An inclusive and flexible setting that empowers GMs and players alike to create their own characters and stories, and imagine within it.
- A low-fantasy game where magic is uncontrolled and mysterious, while the supernatural can be just another part of daily life.
- A richly detailed and unique world setting with time as a central theme, where all mortals die at one-hundred years of age due to a blight known as the Century Curse, and day lasts for one-hundred years before night envelops the world for the next century.
- A classless progression system with 14 Attributes and thousands of Techniques to choose from, that ensures that no two characters are alike on or off the battlefield.
- Detailed systems for non-combat encounters including exploration, investigation, social challenges, and situational skill trials.
- Modular support for homebrew so that GMs can more easily and freely create within the system and setting.
- Tools and incentives that promote roleplay, growth, and engagement with the world.
- Tactical combat that encourages wit, creative thinking, and teamwork.
About The Developers
Crescent is being developed by a team of two friends from college under Prancing Pug Games, an independent game developer. Our passion has always been gaming, and we only grew to love tabletop gaming more after college, as a way to stay in touch with all of our friends.
Crescent is, in part, our response to the global pandemic, as well as many late-night conversations about the genre. We want to create a game that emphasizes the things that we love most about the tabletop roleplaying experience: creativity, roleplay, and freedom. Our goal is to create an experience that feels authentically exciting for players, and a setting where your creative freedom feels limitless.
While we don’t possess any fancy titles or official development experience to share, we can attest to our love of games. Logan, a computer science major, designed a cute kirby-inspired game for his senior project, while Brian, an English major, wrote a paper on the metanarrative genius of Toby Fox’s Undertale. Our passion for tabletop RPGs stems from our belief that there are stories that can only be told through the medium, and they hit in a way that’s unique from novels or video games.